Marketing has made its presence known on the Internet, is becoming the prominent way to deliver the best advertising results. As businesses strive to find marketing products that match their needs, they may find it challenging to discover which is best. According to Forbes, 70% of marketing professionals report that video converts better than any other medium. There are numerous video marketing tips for selling your product online.
Designed to target a specific audience, marketing videos appear on various social media websites. They also may be used for all-in-one platforms, Google shopping results, product videos or reviews. Research has shown that the average Internet user spends 88% more time on a website with video than without. Since 64% of consumers are more likely to buy a product after watching a video, it’s time to formulate your own video marketing strategy.
Follow the useful tips below to learn how to effectively market a product with the help of a promotional video.
Making a Video
The first step is to make a promotional video. This means you will need appropriate tools in order to create one. Thanks to new technologies, it is quite simple to make a video at little cost. Many small businesses use only their smartphones to film the material they need. Even then, not all people are comfortable letting their creative side come to the fore.
It can be done easily: This 2014 ad for Bentley was shot entirely on iPhone 5S
For those who don’t have the time or expertise to make their own videos, there are several options. One of the simplest ways is to straight to Valoso, a video production service that personalizes videos for clients. Another option is Zero One Entertainment, a specialized website whose objectives include increasing sales by offering video marketing services.
Types of Video Marketing
The types of videos you are likely to come across are:
- eCommerce Video – A typical video content for promoting products on the Internet at the end of which you can usually find clickable links for extra information, or direct links to online shops; another name for a promotional video.
- Explainer Video – An innovative style that involves showing the customer what kind of product the sellers want to present. It is generally made to clarify the perception of an idea to the audience and to show how exactly the product is used.
- Sales Videos – A classic example of a text with narration and a “buy” button in the form of a video.
- Video Testimonials – Videos that consist of practical proof from clients or people involved in your own project realization.
- Talking Head – This type of video is a standard direct shot of a person talking to a camera mostly used on homepages.
Video Marketing Tips for Creating Quality Videos
Whether you have a multi-million dollar business or a small startup company, your output should attract possible clients. So, before making a product video, there are some approaches to consider that can improve your ability to promote a product or a brand:
- Know Your Potential Customers and Plan Ahead. Imagine what your potential buyers would like to see and take notes for every idea that comes to mind beforehand.
- Keep It Short and Interesting. Buying decisions depend largely on the duration of the video. Nobody wants to sit through a 10-minute video, only to decide that they don’t like anything about the product.
- Experience Is the Key. Show as much evidence of your product’s functionality as you can to your clientele.
- Tell the Truth. Self-explanatory.