SEO Christmas digital strategy is something most business owners figure out well before the Holiday season starts, and reputed e-commerce giants hold specific campaigns to increase profits during the festive periods.
However, most business owners mainly put their attention on direct sale channels like PPC or Display marketing. Organic traffic generation gets ignored; business owners do not realize the significance of keywords based on specific holidays and how profits can be increased by creating an organic strategy.
You, as a business owner, must also capitalize on the upcoming Christmas season and SEO your website to run smoothly for the festive season. Seasonal SEO is an integral part of online business today, and many business owners wait until the last moment to SEO their websites, but this results in a loss of profits as all the other sites have already been optimized to a high degree.
Hence it is important to always think ahead for the Christmas period.
SEO Foundations For Small Business Owners [Free EBook]
In this post, you will learn about some critical strategies which you should apply to SEO your website for the Christmas holiday season.
Advantages of holiday marketing
During the pre-holiday rush, the main task for many companies is to personalize sales. How do I attract the buyer’s attention? Are there any tips to stand out from the competitors? What marketing tools should I use? If you are still searching for the answers to these questions, that is when SEO Christmas marketing comes in to help you.
Holiday marketing is the process of attracting customers’ attention through various marketing channels to provide them with additional offers in the run-up to the holidays. So, companies increase revenue and increase loyalty.
And here are a few advantages of SEO Christmas marketing for your business.
- Holiday shopping is a worldwide tradition. On the eve of holidays, people everywhere buy gifts for themselves, friends or relatives. Therefore, companies are very successful in using various events to increase sales and give customers a positive shopping experience. To do this, brands offer customers discounts, loyalty points, gift certificates, and more.
- Improvement of marketing standards. Companies use holiday marketing from different business areas. Brands use social media, email newsletters, promo SMS, and other tools to create personalized messages to capture consumers’ attention. We take discounts and gifts for granted. In this regard, companies have to continually improve the quality of service and look for unique approaches. And, most importantly – they should focus on building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships.
- Development of creativity. It is not easy to attract people’s attention during the holidays. Therefore, it is necessary to create unique and relevant offers. It is essential to give the client positive emotions, and most importantly – to make them feel that they are making a good deal.
- There are mutual benefits for customers and brands. For customers, holiday marketing means discounts, gifts, and cumulative bonuses. For companies, it is an excellent opportunity to increase sales and increase brand awareness.
- Adaptation to new market trends. Some holidays are a real challenge for brands. However, they help companies adapt to the modern market requirements and test their capabilities in the context of intensive sales.
Four rules for preparing an effective SEO Christmas marketing
- Properly develop the mechanics of activity, determine resources, timing, and budget in advance;
- You can specify the rules and exclude all “pitfalls”;
- Clearly define the strategy;
- Conduct a campaign analysis.
Critical strategies of SEO Christmas campaign
It is December outside, and as we all know, SEO takes time. This means that it may be too late to prepare for a full search engine optimization campaign. However, you can still do many things to gain momentum for Christmas and New Year holidays.
- Analyze the overall state of your website SEO. Analyze your strong and weak areas. You cannot just get into the top ten and stay there forever. SEO performance is usually evaluated on several points: positions in search queries, the overall visibility of your site on search queries, traffic. By monitoring the most critical indicators and rapid implementation of changes, you can achieve sustainable growth.
- Work on product names and descriptions. It is not enough for the client to see the image — the illustration is not able to convey all the necessary characteristics that will encourage the user to click the “buy” button. It is essential to write high-quality titles and descriptions to attract visitors to your site and contain your keywords. Try to adapt your product title and description to people who buy gifts rather than your typical target audience.
- When arranging an SEO Christmas campaign, take into account the loading time. Control the speed of full-page loading and server response time on your projects. These indicators have an impact on the progress of the project and the indicators of its conversion. Many studies directly indicate that the site’s conversion rate depends on when the page is fully loaded (which means the profit of e-commerce projects, the number of requests on service sites, etc.).
- Do not ignore mobile phone users. Everyone understands that you cannot do without mobile versions of holiday websites and landing pages during the boom of mobile devices. Mobile phones have long become the best friend for most people on the planet. Modern mobile gadgets have almost completely taken over desktop computers’ role and radically changed the behavior of users on the Internet. No doubts, your potential customers will browse your website on a mobile device to make a purchase. Make sure you are ready.
- Attract customers through social networks. With the growing popularity of social networks, marketers have also become more interested in these platforms as a new source of the target audience for promoting brands and companies. Pay attention to Pinterest as a perfect platform for promoting gifts and holiday content. For example, you can create Pinterest message boards with optimized keywords in the description and title that contain your best holiday products. Do not forget other social networks. Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter are all valuable resources for linking to your site. Highlight your holiday products or special offers, and direct more traffic to your site during the holidays.
- Aggressive PPC campaign. Google AdWords advertising and pay-per-click marketing can be a great last-minute option for many companies. While SEO takes a long time to get to the top of search engines, PPC allows you to place your ad where your customers can see it. It is okay to be a little more aggressive with your strategies if attracting more customers to your site during this shopping season.
- Take notes for the next holiday season. Make sure to write down what works and what does not. The more you know what showed good results this season, the more you can prepare for the next season earlier. The data you collect in this way can be used to implement new strategies, either for other holidays at the end of the year or for a big holiday push next year.
What else can websites do to succeed in seasonal marketing?
Explore market trends
Website optimization and promotion will not work if people do not search for what you offer them. Your offers must be relevant. How to achieve this? Use Google Trends. This service helps you evaluate the popularity of almost anything at the moment, compare several queries with each other, and see current trends over time. If you do thorough research, you will know exactly what will be in demand during the holidays and what will not.
Study your competitors
A mandatory and beneficial step is to research competitors. Learn what and how your competitors are doing, and then think about how you can do better. In the process, you will probably learn many useful ideas that you can use to improve your site and marketing strategy.
Whenever you have any difficulties, you can order on-page SEO services to get:
- Website organic performance analysis
- Google Search Console integration
- Semantic analysis and keyword mapping
- Search volume analysis and local keyword targeting
- Meta tags creation
- SEO copywriting
- Instructions for updates
- SEO competitive strategy planning
- Internal linking
Do not hesitate to get the most eye-catching and dynamic website with a team of professionals. Get inspired, try, experiment, and let your campaigns find their consumers with 100% success.
Create landing pages specifically for Christmas templates
Landing pages can be static pages which you should create for your site based on the terms you do and with keywords which trend during Christmas. You need to research on the keywords which are likely to trend from the internet and past experiences and use them accordingly in your page. Also, design the page keeping in mind the festive season that it is supposed to reflect. Put Christmas themed designs and photos. After these pages have been created, you can promote them via social media. These pages will serve as your landing pages for your email marketing campaigns to enhance in conversion for the key phrases.
Make “top gifts for Christmas” lists on your blog
Not only are such blog posts fun to read but they are also exciting to produce. If you can get to optimize the keywords for these pages, you will find that these posts will drive much traffic towards your website, and in most likely cases, the traffic you will be getting will be targeted. Besides adding value, top lists blog posts also give you a standard format to be used in various categories for gifts or other lists of your website. You can go further and make these blog posts as proper guides to buying the right gifts or even make them downloadable. It will allow your buyer to use them as references when they do their own Christmas shopping.
Promote your posts via social media or email
It is imperative that you make the best use of social media and email marketing for the Christmas shopping period. Social media will help your posts to reach out to a lot more people than what you could have ever done via print marketing. You need to promote your pages and your blog posts so that your primary target audience knows about the new contents which you have stored in for Christmas. Also, do not forget to consider your email lists; you must email your old and loyal customers to let them know about Christmas exclusive deals and new contents. You can use a dedicated email campaign for this purpose.
Social platforms like Instagram can be used a lot because it will allow you to post photos of your new products. Make sure to upload the best pictures of your products and provide accurate information about them. Facebook will be helpful in getting the posts viral. However, you must pay attention to the fact that customers must not feel cheated or duped, so whatever information you provide has to be accurate. You can visit Plutus Mark SEO to get the best SEO services to help you prepare your website for the Christmas shopping season.
Christmas is an essential time of the year for business ventures. It is the primary festive season of the year with the holidays around, a time for families and friends to gather around and spend time together. Hence, it is the perfect season for shopping and gift giving, and e<U+0421>ommerce retailers or even other business owners have the ideal opportunity to maximize profits during this time.
However, to get ahead of the stiff competition in the online market of today on the internet, it is necessary that business owners have their business websites appropriately and adequately search engine optimized to stay ahead of the competition.
Hopefully, using the tips mentioned in this article, you will be able to SEO your website correctly for Christmas and maximize your profits.
Local SEO Strategies That Every Small Business Will Find Useful!
Why Do You Need Professional Assistance When It Comes to SEO? Here’s Why!
SEO Christmas marketing FAQ
Winter holidays are the peak of consumer activity around the world. Of course, consumers are ready to afford large expenses for making purchases. When consumers are ready to spend money, you should do everything possible to ensure that they spend their money with you. Christmas SEO marketing is the complex of holiday marketing strategies to optimize your website and attract clients’ attention.
You will get a report on the first traffic changes within 3-5 days after the content is indexed. On average, the optimized websites had a significant positive change in traffic and positions within two-four weeks.
It is recommended to start the Christmas marketing campaign in summer and go through the following steps:
identify the keywords you want to target;
target your competitors;
study the market research;
keep your social media audience engaged;
brainstorm and outreach campaigns;
define Christmas landing pages;
ensure you have Google Analytics.
Images also attract traffic to the site, increase the page’s attractiveness and the perception of content. Also, they affect the loading speed and relevance of pages to the query. Use image formats that are supported by all popular browsers and indexed by search engines. Place images in the correct resolution. Reduce image weight. There are many services for compressing the image size.
The post Unique SEO Strategies for Christmas Season – Give Your Sales a Merry Boost! appeared first on MonsterPost.