We all know that Christmas is very fast approaching but that doesn’t mean it’s too late to get some quick social media marketing out there. Yes, I know it’s already December but you can do it! So let’s get started shall we?
But what is social media marketing? Social media marketing means using various social media profiles to market your services, products, your businesses and your blogs. There are many social media websites out there all offering something unique. For the purpose of anything we do here at The Life Mistress, we will always be focusing on the top 6. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and Pinterest.
All of these tips below can be used on any of the social media platforms if you adjust them slightly and although it is already December, it is never too late to push your Christmas social media marketing.
So on to my 12 top tips for businesses and bloggers.
- Christmas is an emotive season, make sure you add some emotion to your posts, whether that is the ‘touchy feely’ stuff or rekindling memories and adding a bright side to life. Share stories and make people feel involved.
- ‘Spruce’ up your profile pictures (see what I did there? ). Your avatars/profile pics and your cover photos. Add festive touches to each photo to show that you are in the festive spirit.
- Host competitions and giveaways – spread some Christmas cheer. For a blogger this could be a giveaway of a product, book or service you have reviewed. For a business you could giveaway one of your products or services that you offer.
- Ask people what is on their Christmas wish lists – could be physical presents or services they think they need to help them in the new year.
- Festive tips of the day. Give some little tips to help people through Winter and Christmas.
- Give something back – for every £10 spent £1 will go to a charity for example OR spotlight a charity and send some followers their way.
- Run a poll and get people to vote – could be your most favourite Christmas film, favourite Christmas song to work to in the office, favourite Christmas food, book, whatever.
- Work in collaboration with another business or blogger – offer joint posts, photos, giveaways or post a joint story.
- Trade skills or knowledge as a Christmas Skill Share.
- Try using videos and live streams, seeing you ‘in real life’ (as much as you can be in a video) helps your readers, customers and clients see the real you and therefore able to engage with you AND your products/services/blog posts more.
- Run Christmas Only special offers for your clients and customers. For bloggers, offer them something you can only give this time of year such as reviews of festive only items like Christmas movies, Christmas books etc.
- The obvious one… don’t forget to wish people a Merry Christmas on Christmas Day (so many businesses forget!)
Just a few content ideas for you to get your teeth into this Christmas for your social media marketing. I hope they give you some festive food for thought. Time to get busy with the Chrizzy!